On 1/11/23 16:25, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
Local charity shop sells a desktop scanner for next to nothing. I could buy it and try it but it's very bulky and it's a long walk. So I'd like to have a clue beforehand if it's supported.

The item is a Packard Bell Slimline PB 61428.

I googled it but haven't found anything relevant to Linux. The packaging mentions Windows 98. I remember back in the day, the was a wrapper for old Windows drivers, I can't remember its name.

Or am I supposed to just plug it in and expect it to work?

Hi Ottavio,

this is a database with supported scanners by SANE - http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-PACKARD-BELL

This scanner is not listed as a supported device.

Kind regards
Georgi