On 3/3/23 12:17, Alexander V. Makartsev wrote:
On 03.03.2023 09:02, hlyg wrote:
at first i suspect Thunderbird(TB) try to access some sites that are blocked in china

i disable show Start Page when it launches

i disable check email automatically for each account

but it becomes unresponsive when i File->New->Message

i really don't know cause of unresponsiveness

PS: even if blocked sites cause trouble, it's bug of TB, it shall timeout after it can't access sites for some time
I don't have any issues with TB on a PC with operating system on SSD.
If I had to guess the culprit, it could be a failing HDD.
You should check "/var/log/syslog" for anything suspicious and\or "smartctl". This also could be a symptom of resource starvation. Run "free -h" and\or "top" to see if there is any resource hogs.

It's a bug in Thunderbird.  It is the result of using multiple accounts and something about multi-threading, I think, (on mine, anyway).  I have not filed a bug, but surely they know about it, it's present on both Linux and Windows, and through several versions.  I have been patiently waiting for a fix, perhaps we should all file bugs, if they are inundated with bug reports, maybe they'll be more motivated to fix it.

Mark A.

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀