Hi,

Greg Wooledge wrote:
> You must have got a completely different set of Google results than I did.

That's a known effect from Google watching people digging in the web.
But maybe this time it's only the search string. I entered

  attempt to perform an operation not allowed by the security  policy `PS'

At the same input now i get indeed a link to a Python problem that caused
Imagemagick's "import" to be run by mistake and to issue the policy
message. But the vast majority still points to the configuration in
  /etc/ImageMagick-[67]/policy.xml

This here looks like a quite educated description of the PS refusal:

https://en.linuxportal.info/tutorials/troubleshooting/how-to-fix-errors-from-imagemagick-imagick-conversion-system-security-policy

ending with

  "The cause of the problem
   [...] A vulnerability was found in the program, which was first
   remedied by disabling access to the file formats in question in the
   config file above. Later, the bug was fixed correctly, a security
   update was released, but the security rules were not restored.
   [...]
   https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/imagemagick
   [...] CVE-2019-13300, CVE-2019-13304, CVE-2019-13306, CVE-2019-13307,
   CVE-2019-15140, CVE-2019-19948"

Have a nice day :)

Thomas