On Sat, Aug 26, 2023 at 09:25:10AM -0500, Tom Browder wrote:
>    In a previous thread it was shown how to detect a SUDO_USER in a bash
>    shell.
>    Is there a way to distinguish whether 'sudo -i' was used or not?
>    Thanks.
>    -Tom

The SUDO_COMMAND environment variable would report /bin/bash in that
instance. Would that be sufficient for your needs?

If not, then what exactly are you trying to accomplish? Please don't say
"I want to know if sudo -i was used" because we already know that. Why
is that a necessary piece of information in your use case? What will you
do with that information? What decision will you make? What action will
you take?

Regards,

-Roberto

--