On Sun, Sep 24, 2023 at 16:27 <debian-u...@howorth.org.uk> wrote:

> Tom Browder <tom.brow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Every time I set up a new host, I have to jump through the hoops
> > trying to get the same PATH for ordinary users as well as root,

> Setting the same path for ordinary users as for root sounds like
> something only a fool would do, so I don't think there's a foolproof
> way to do it.

I'm trying not to be a fool--that's why I'm checking with the Debian
community.

I'm sure I was too casual in my comments. I want all users, including root,
to have the Raku executables in their PATH, nothing else would be changed
from current use.

When I get the path-setting portion of my program ready, I will show the
pertinent parts here along with a link to the complete code.

Note I will ensure any file modified will have its current state backed up
prior to changing it.

Cheers!

-Tom