On Sat, Dec 2, 2023 at 2:18 PM Donald Mac Dougall <dmacd...@usc.edu> wrote:
> My experience many years ago with HP laser printers was that if the print
> flaked off
> it was because the fuser roller wasn't hot enough to fuse the toner to the
> paper.

Yes, I've investigated that a bit. I had the same trouble with my
labels at a local UPS
store. The owner insisted his printers are in top shape. As I said,
these are fresh labels
and I don't have any trouble with printing on normal paper. I'll try a
fixative for now.

If I do need a new printer, I want another B&W laser, double
sided-printing, copying,
and scanning. Multiple paper trays for two sizes of paper would be nice.
I have had great luck with HP over the years, but  I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks, Donald.

-Tom