On 28/11/23 at 13:24, Marlin wrote:
If anyone has any suggestions, I will be glad for them. I know this kind of an issue is hard to debug because I do not know how to cause it to freeze.

I was suffering of exactly the same system freeze, I'm on KDE desktop it happened after a awakening from suspend I think is related to nouveau driver, I fixed it restarting the window compositor (I'm using Picom) every time I awake the system from suspend with a shell script. Of course I've disabled the KDE Kwin_x11 system compositor, sorry but I don't know nothing about Gnome, HTH

cheers

--
Franco Martelli