Hello,

On Thu, Dec 07, 2023 at 03:52:20PM +0000, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:
> UDM Pro runs Debian 11 (bullseye)

I don't think it does. Just because you found a file on the
filesystem that says it does, is as trustworthy as the claims in
your email that your client is called Henry Kissinger and your
colleague Edward Snowden.

It might have started out as Debian 11, but Ubiquiti have made
unknown changes to it.

> Linux United-States-Space-Command-Secret-Server 4.19.152-ui-alpine #4.19.152
> SMP Thu Apr 6 21:41:48 CST 2023 aarch64 GNU/Linux

This is also not a kernel supplied by Debian.

> But another problem cropped up. Now we could not access the web UI
> of the UDM Pro.

[…]

> We could not putty (ssh) into the UDM Pro too.
>
> May I know what the problem could be?

Given that you're running an operating system supplied by Ubiquiti
on hardware supplied by Ubiquiti using a web frontend written by
Ubiquiti on top of a kernel supplied by Ubiquii, I think you need to
ask Ubiquiti.

> Please advise.

I think it's for your vendor to advise.

Thanks,
Andy

PS It would also be advisable to get into the habit of using the
   "ip" suite of tools instead of deprecated ones like "ifconfig"
   and "route". The reason being that tools like ifconfig have not
   kept up changes in the Linux kernel and do not actually display
   all settings of the system any more. Most of the time the old
   ways will still work, but at some point you will encounter a
   situation where ifconfig etc is not showing you all of the
   settings. The diagnostic output can also be confusing to people
   born after the deprecation of ifconfig, for example.

   Your bigger problem though is that Debian didn't supply this
   hardware or software.