On Wed, Dec 20, 2023 at 2:14 PM Marco Moock <m...@dorfdsl.de> wrote:

> Am 20.12.2023 um 14:04:41 Uhr schrieb Pocket:
>
> > [...]
> > And could that be the reason to multiple sessions were opened from
> > debian list servers?
>
> No, the reason is that SMTP doesn't specify that only a special
> amount of connections can be established, but your provider enforces
> that and give back a hard fail (5xx error).

In the old days (up until about the mid 2000s or early 2010s, the
Hosts RFC set the limit of concurrent connections to a host to 2. The
last time I checked, that limitation was removed from the RFCs.
Probably to pander to Browsers so they [the browsers] could have
multiple requests in-flight. (The IETF appears to be captured by the
CA/BF).

It would not surprise me if the "2 concurrent connection" artifact was
still lurking around somewhere, like in Majordomo.

Jeff