Il 27/12/2023 02:04, Thomas George ha scritto:
> Pulseaudio Volume control shows a strong signal audio output but nothing
> reaches the speakers.
>
> This must be a well known problem but I can't find the answer.
I found the same issue. For me, the issue was that timidity-daemon was taking exclusive access to audio ports.
And uninstalling timidity-daemon didn't help.

Try this:
-look at control panel ->audio, see the available outputs / profiles
-find pipewire processes and kill them
-after some second, open again control panel -> audio and see if more profiles appear -if they appear, try to select them. For me, it was "analog stereo output" profile and "line out" device. Perhaps it's not the same text, my install is not in english language".