On Tue, Jan 23, 2024 at 10:27 AM CHENG YING KIT KEITH <keithch...@vtc.edu.hk>
wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>

> Can I install Debian 11 or 12 with “Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2699 v3 @
> 2.30GHz” CPU?
>
> Do they both support the following application
>
> Nginx 1.22.1
>
> PHP 8.2.7
>
> Mariadb 10.11.4
>

> On the other hand, may I know the minimum requirement of Debian 11 and 12?

For what it's worth, my main workhorse is an even older Xeon, E3-1270 about
3 years older than yours. I installed debian 12 without even questioning if
it worked, because of course it would, and it works extremely well! The OS
is snappy with the default Gnome on Wayland on my 3840x1600 monitor, and
that's with a pretty slow mid-range GPU from 2016.

You should definitely not be afraid of running debian on this machine! RAM
and storage I/O will be your main limits.