John Hasler wrote:
> songbird writes:
>> every thing running on a computer should be able to say:
>
>> "I am [x version ...], these are my parents [y, z, 1, ...], i was
>> compiled by program [...] from source code [...], here are my
>> credentials [blah, blah]"
>
>> when sent a signal from GOD.
>
> Why should she believe it?

  because it only comes from GOD.  no other process
can send this signal.

>> any process which does not respond should be thus cast into the outer
>> darkness of the bits and never to return (aka a virus or unauthorized
>> program).
>
> Malware can lie.  A virus can infect an authorized program and use its
> credentials.

  objects are only created by authorized calls to other
objects so there is no pathway to infect if done correctly.

  if you do not allow random objects to be created that
are not verified and vetted then there are no viruses.

  note, i'm just kicking this around and wondering if it
really would be possible.

  songbird