On Sat, Jan 27, 2024 at 01:56:57PM -0500, Dotfiles wrote:
> If I make changes to the config files in /etc/zsh, do I have to worry about
> them getting overwritten if I do an upgrade to the next major Debian release?

If that release comes with a new config file, you will be
asked at installation time whether you want to keep your
old config file or install the new one. You'll be offered
to see a diff between your version and the new one, and
in any case, the "other" file (your old, modified file or
the new one) is kept under a different name.

Debian always does this with configuration files.

Cheers