> On 1/31/24 17:58, Gareth Evans wrote:
>>
>>> On 31 Jan 2024, at 22:27, Steven Truppe <workbe...@gmx.at> wrote:
>>>
>>>     Hey,
>>>

>>> i've the follwoing trouble: when i try to run certain apps it takes
>>> forever tostart. i can get rid of the troble by typing $service apparmor
>>> reload but that's not a partmanent soutoin.
>>>
>>> can someone pleae help me out here ?
>>>

>>> best regards!
>>>
>> Which apps?
>>
>> Is there any relevant output at the point at which a delay occurs, and
>> perhaps just afterwards, if you start an affected program from the terminal?
>>
>> I wonder if aa-complain may be of use to you, but first things first...
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gareth

Steven replied off-list, reposted here with permission:

On Thu 01/02/2024 at 01:46, Steven Truppe <workbe...@gmx.at> wrote:
> most of the time iit hands when he tried to open up  a file selection dialog

This doesn't sound like an apparmor issue to me, but it would be good to know
if there is anything suggestive (of any issue) in the logs.

# cat /var/log/syslog

or

# journalctl --system --no-pager

You can append "|grep apparmor" to both of the above to filter for
apparmor-related output, but it might be interesting to see if anything else is
happening too.  "|grep -v apparmor" will filter OUT apparmor stuff, which might
be useful once you've seen it.

What sort of disks does the system have, and how many?  Do you have any remote
filesystems, cloud "sync" facilities, etc, such as Google Drive?

Which desktop environment are you using, if any?

Thanks,
Gareth