Kamil Jońca <kjo...@o2.pl> writes:

> Marco Moock <m...@dorfdsl.de> writes:
>
>> Am 06.02.2024 um 07:17:02 Uhr schrieb Kamil Jońca:
>>
>>> Should I worry about anything (speed differences or sth)?
>>
>> Speed differences will occur because reading and writing from/to the
>> SSD will be much faster.
> Of course, but can it make any data damage to lvm?
>
> I am asking because some time ago was a (different) story  about SMR
> drives whose can make problem when in RAID. And I am wondering if here I
> can similar problems.
>
> KJ

Maybe I was not precise:
1. now VG has two PV. Both are raid1 with two HDD.
2. I want to have VG with one PV as RAID1 with 2 HDD's and second PV as
RAID1 with 2SSD's

So:
1. I do not want to mix HDD and SSD in one RAID.
2. I do not want to play with other RAID levels

I assume, that my motherboard will not have problems with SSD. (this is
B450 AORUS PRO)

My main concern is if speed differences between SSD and HDD in one lvm
can make any problems.

KJ