hw composed on 2024-02-09 12:07 (UTC+0100):

> What other manufacturers could we buy UPSs from?

I bought my first APC just last year, because it was what I found on the shelf
in
WalMart, only 450VA, with "Best-in-class Service and Support", more to protect
bedroom TV and recorder against anomalies than power outage here in the world's
lightning capital. All my larger ones that are currently in service are Eaton or
Tripp-Lite. My spare is a Powercom with steel frame and cover, hard to extract
swollen old batteries from.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
        based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata