On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 5:08 AM Marco Moock <m...@dorfdsl.de> wrote:
> Am 22.02.2024 schrieb Ralph Aichinger <r...@h5.or.at>:
> [...]
> > Is there anything planned to get "master/slave" terminology out of
> > network bonding/LACP in Debian (or Linux kernel or whoever decides
> > this terminology)? I know these things are slow to change, just
> > wondering.
> >
> > https://wiki.debian.org/Bonding
>
> I don't know why somebody should waste time for changing terms there.
> There is almost no technical benefit and the amount of people who
> operate Ethernet bonds is small, so the probability that somebody feels
> disturbed by those terms here is also small.
> [...]
> I don't think that spending time on that is a valuable thing, there are
> more important tasks like testing or adding functionality.

I align with most of this position. An engineer's time is better spent
on technical problems, not political ones. There is no technical
benefit, so don't spend time on it. And there are other venues for
political discourse.

> If you like to change that, feel free to create a fork of the upstream
> projects and use the terms you prefer.

I hope no one would object if OP created a politically correct
ifenslave-pc package.

I don't want to bikeshed, though. Slavery ended in the US about 150
years ago. I don't know any slaves, and I don't own any slaves, so I
don't really have a dog in the fight.

Jeff