On 27/02/2024 20:59, Gary Dale wrote:

The en_GB seems to be coming from Plasma 5's Region & Language settings. However I see the message that it is "unsupported", which seems appropriate.

en_GB is missed in the output of "locale -a" you posted. I have no idea if it is intended or not. It can be generated from "dpkg-reconfigure locales".

Maybe you choose this locale earlier on the login screen, maybe selected in KDE system settings.

User-specific locale settings maybe saved in
- ~/.config/plasma-localerc
- ~/.dmrc
- I am unsure concerning ~/.config/locale.conf
- AccontsService

     busctl get-property org.freedesktop.Accounts \
         /org/freedesktop/Accounts/User1000 \
         org.freedesktop.Accounts.User Language

(with proper UID and in "id" output)

I expect that you should be able to configure locale in KDE regional settings.

My guess is that iu_CA.UTF-8 appeared due to click on a wrong option in a drop-down list.

To have spellcheck options you need to install dictionaries.