On Thu, 2024-03-07 at 10:13 +0100, Stefan K wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I hope someone can help me with my problem.
> Our NFS performance ist very bad, like ~20MB/s, mountoption looks like that:

Reading or writing, or both?

Try testing with files on a different volume.

> rw,relatime,sync,vers=4.2,rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,namlen=255,hard,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,local_lock=none

try IPv6

> [...]
> Only one nfs client(debian 12) is connected via 10G,

try a good 1GB network card

> since we host also database files on the nfs share,

bad idea

> 'sync'-mountoption is important (more or less), but it should still
> be much faster than 20MB/s

I wouldn't dare to go without sync other than for making backups
maybe.  Without sync, you probably need to test with a larger file.

> so can somebody tell me whats wrong or what should I change to speed
> that up?

Guesswork:

NFS can be hard on network card drivers
IPv6 may be faster than IPv4
the network cable might suck
the switch might suck or block stuff
ZFS might suck in combination with NFS
network cards might happen to be in disadvantageous slots
network cards can get too hot
try Fedora instead of Debian (boot a live system on the server,
configure NFS and see what happens when serving files from BTRFS)
do you see any unusual system load while transferring files?
do you need to run more NFS processes (increase their limit)
are you running irqbalance?
are you running numad if you're on a numa machine?
what CPU governors are you using?
do the i/o schedulers interfere?