On Sun, 2024-03-10 at 07:56 +0800, jeremy ardley wrote:
> On 10/3/24 05:41, hw wrote:
> > The QR-codes are sharp and easily scanable when printed in 600dpi.
> > With the label printer you can't really tell if they're sharp or not.
>
> AsĀ  mentioned in my previous post, thermal label printers are 203dpi,
> *not the 300 that the OP quoted.*

The printers I've been printing on are 300dpi and can do both thermal
and ribbon/ink.  I haven't tried thermal.

> [...]
> The data_matrix code (like a QRcode) for the same 41 digits is a 26x26 matrix
> which at 203dpi can have pixels of 8x8 dots in a field of 26x26mm. These are
> super easy for a thermal printer

Do you think that thermal transfer printers with 203dpi would be
better suited to print QR codes than the 300dpi multi-mode printers?

I'm not fond of thermal transfer at all.  Usually what is being
printed that way fades rather quickly over time and is more slightly
gray rather than black and so thin that it's hard to read even when
freshly printed.  Perhaps better labels are available, but the labels
must not get too expensive ...