On 16/03/2024 00:45, Marc SCHAEFER wrote:
On Fri, Mar 15, 2024 at 01:30:08PM -0400, Dan Ritter wrote:
I have never had long-term happiness with multiple disks
connected via USB.

However: I have a similar disk array running 24h/24h for the last three years
on a Debian buster with no problem. I am going to upgrade this system soon, so
if there is something bad with bullseye's kernel I would love to learn about
it :)

You may search https://bugs.debian.org for known issues.

If it is really a software issue rather than a hardware one I would try at least bookworm-backports kernel package. Further steps may be git bisect game with custom builds of vanilla kernel. It would be tedious since 4 hours is required for each iteration.

From my point of view some failure of USB to SATA converter is more probable.