On Wed, 20 Mar 2024 08:22:16 +0100
Detlef Vollmann <d...@vollmann.ch> wrote:

Hello Detlef,

>Is there a description anywhere how the 64bit time transition works?

I'm far from an expert, but from what I've read, this transition is
*huge*.  Possibly the largest that has ever occurred in Debian.  It's
going to take time to get it done.  Lots, and lots, of time.  In the
meanwhile, it means a good deal of disruption in Sid/unstable.

You should already be aware that running sid comes with certain
difficulties, and if you're not prepared/willing to deal with them then,
in all likelihood, Sid isn't for you.

Following Marco's advice would be a good first step, IMO.

--
 Regards  _       "Valid sig separator is {dash}{dash}{space}"
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"