On 3/30/24 08:17, Antti-Pekka Känsälä wrote:
What could be the deal, when Firefox tries to stop me from unmounting a
stick, after I've accessed files on it through Firefox?  I worry about my
stick security.  Thanks.

Linux knows what files are open on each file system. If you try to unmount a file system with open files or eject a mounted USB drive with open files, Linux will refuse and your desktop environment will display a suitable error dialog. This is a feature, not a bug.

The solution is to close all the files on the file system, and then unmount it.

David