Hi Hans,

On Thu, Apr 18, 2024 at 11:38:18AM +0200, Hans wrote:
> I only hope, it will not happen the same fate like usermin and webmin
> happened
> to: It was once removed from the repoi with th ereason "spagehetti code, bad
> code" and then no one ever took a look again to it, although many, many years
> of coding passed by.
>
> And webmin and usermin are still developed!

I suspect that your text above has come out sounding more entitled
than you intended, as English is not your first language.

Just bear in mind that you are/were expecting volunteers to do free
work for you in packaging this software for Debian. If they no
longer see the value in doing so, that is their concern and their
concern alone. If they never took any interest in it again, that
also is solely their own concern.

Every single package in Debian relies upon there being maintainers
who are interested in packaging it for Debian. We all live in
constant hope that our favoured packages are still worth packaging.

As you say, you are fortunate enough to still have a project that
has active upstream developers so it is still your option to either
install this software from upstream yourself, or pay them to do the
packaging work that you used to get for free.

Thanks,
Andy