On 24/4/24 11:23, David Wright wrote:
On Tue 23 Apr 2024 at 23:15:17 (-0300), Markos wrote:
The site https://ytdl-org.github.io/youtube-dl/download.html

is blocked?

Is there any other alternative to download videos from Youtube in
Linux command line?

That site works here, but I don't think that's important. It appears
to offer youtube-dl 2021.12.17, which is /ancient/.

You'd be better off just installing Debian's yt-dlp in the usual
manner. And you can do better than that at the moment, by using
the backports version, 2024.04.09-1~bpo12+1.

If the backports version falls behind, you can usually install the
version from unstable (now trixie), because yt-dlp's dependencies
are all unversioned. The medium term disadvantage of this approach
is that it won't be upgraded automatically when a new version
appears: you have to keep an eye out.

Cheers,
David.

I have been unable to use youtube-dl for (I believe) over a year, now, due, I believe, to changes made by youtube, and, had been unable to use yt-dlp .

Then, after reading the above post by David Wright, I updated my installed version of yt-dlp to the backports version 2024.04.09-1~bpo12+1, and, yt-dlp is merrily working.

The latest version of youtube-dl , makes it too old to try to use now; if you can get it working with youtube, good luck to you.

An unmaintained package, that is three years since last updated, for accessing web sites on the World Wide Web?

Hmmmm.....

Bret Busby
Armadale
Western Australia