On Friday 30 January 2004 13:41, Albert Dengg wrote:

> And if I read the manpage of alien correctly, alien does only support
> dependencys when converting from lsb packages....

Unfortunately it looks like you're correct, I skimmed that paragraph the first
time thinking it wasn't relevant:

       lsb      To convert from lsb packages, the Red Hat Package Manager must be
                installed. Unlike the other package formats, alien can handle the
                depenendencies of lsb packages if the destination package format
supports
                dependencies. Note that this means that the package generated from a
lsb
                package will depend on a package named "lsb" -- your distribution
should
                provide a package by that name, if it is lsb compliant. The scripts in
the
                lsb package will be converted by default as well.

Key is the statement "Unlike the other package formats, alien can handle the
depenendencies of lsb packages".  That sucks.  Oh well, time to start
building debs directly.

--
Fraser Campbell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 http://www.wehave.net/
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada                         Debian GNU/Linux