I'm prepping for my next little home project, wherein something like
NFS is used for the obvious reasons (accessing /home on alternate
machines).  I have no clue whether NFS or CODA (or AFS) is a best
choice for this, though.  As well as I have seen via Googling and
searching this list (over the past year, at least), there aren't any
big opinions about it.

Despite my firewall against the outside I'd like some security, but
ease of setup is also important.  I don't _think_ performance is an
issue since there's nothing spectacular expected.

Am I nuts to worry about security?

It seems that CODA is second-generation AFS, but is it established well
enough and is it stable enough to make a first choice?  Or has security
advanced substantially on NFS?

Has anyone had experience with both and can offer their thoughts on the
above?  Or is there a good site my searches haven't laid open to me?
I'm running Sid currently with a home-spun 2.4.25 kernel.

Many TIA,

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,