Herewidth testifying: My favorite WM (so far) is 'icewm-gnome'.

It's main assets to me:

        - it is small, clean and fast

        - it's panel shows up to 3 little graphical squares showing system activities:
                a) system load
                b) LAN load
                c) online load

        - Ctrl-ESC (or mouse-Right) shows main menu

        - Ctrl-Alt-<Left|Right> moves easily through my screens
        - Ctrl-Alt-<1 .. 0> switches to the Nth screen

        - Alt-Tab moves through my windows w/in one screen

        - a tiny panel icon shows a letter symbol turning green on new mail

On my AMD-100 MHz PC, 128 MB RAM, I extended this WM from 4 to 12
screens in order to separate different activities more easily.

My main drawback: So far, I did not look for a good config program, I
did it manually, mainly by editing the text files in

        /etc/X11/icewm/

Icons of newly installed programs (e.g. "opera.xpm") should be copied to

        /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/icewm/icons/

The digital panel clock looks a bit ugly to me but does its job.

If anybody knows a usefull configuration program, this nice WM would
sure get some more customers.

moin, Wilko

--
Wilko Fokken                           Education is a man's going
Landschaftspolder 67                   from cocksure ignorance