Matthijs wrote:

Today, I decided to upgrade my kernel from 2.2 to 2.4.25 (Debian
system). I didn't compile it, just installed using apt-get.
Reason for upgrade: I wanted USB support.

Booting is fine, but my network connection is gone. During boot, I see
eth0 related error messages (beginning of a line, something like
'eth0: ERROR ....'.

The network card is a simple Sitecom card, with a sitecom chip on it:
http://www.sitecom.com/products_info.php?product_id=185&grp_id=5

Unfortunately, I can't find the errors in any of the logfiles in
/var/log. It's also not listed in the report from dmesg.

modprobe -c:
nothing network related is listed;

lsmod:
nothing network related is listed;

ifconfig:
Only the loopback interface 'lo' is listed;

lspci -v:
00:0e.0 Ethernet controller: Linksys Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet
10/100 model NC100 (rev 11).
... and some more information.

I believe that's the tulip module you want. Run "modconf" and select the tulip driver. Then restart networking with "/etc/init.d/networking restart".

--
Kent