On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 06:07:21PM +0200, Florian Ernst wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 04:32:20PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 04:54:50PM +0200, Florian Ernst wrote:
> > > Sarge and 2.6 as the default kernel? Well, I'd guess like »never«.
> > > Maybe it will be the default in Sarge+1...
> > >
> > > Integrating 2.6 into the new debian-installer is work in progress, but
> > > I'd be very surprised (to say the least) if it became the default
> > > now...
> >
> > It's possible that it may be made the default on some architectures,
> > although we're going to have to get a move on there (and I certainly
> > don't speak for Joey ...). We'll see.
>
> Ah, I see, thanks. I take it you mean m68k-mac and possibly sparc32.
> AFAIK it'll eventually get there, but not just yet.

I was thinking of powerpc, actually. I've done a full install using 2.6
there, although I'm waiting for some bug fixes outside d-i so I haven't
yet committed everything necessary to d-i.

> Is this in the light of Joey (not joeyh) saying "It is insane to
> believe the security team has any chance to support Linux 2.2, Linux
> 2.4 and Linux 2.6 once sarge is released." as of
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-0403/msg01495.html ?

No, I wasn't thinking of that, just of d-i release schedules.

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]