>> On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:11:23 +0000,
>> Matthew Vernon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

 > In which case, there should be a procedure for abstaining?

        Simple. Just vote all candidates at 1 -- and put the default
 option at 5 (v11115).

 > Personally, I've yet to notice any of the DPLs whilst I've been in
 > the project achieving very much, and was not sufficiently convinced
 > by any of the manifestos to actually want to vote for any of the
 > candidates; equally, I expect any of them would do a passable job,
 > so I don't want to vote RON either.

        Voting all candidates equally expresses no preference between
 them -- but rating them over the default option indicates you think
 they are all capable.

        You ballot would indicate you were rpesent, and express your
 true choces in the election.

        manoj
--
Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and
can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying