Hi,

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         Ah, so now it is a matter of determining intent. So, short of
>  providing code for telepathically determining the voters intent, how
>  can one cater to people who really find A unacceptable, and are
>  voting honestly, from people who would consider A acceptable, but are
>  lying to give B an edge?

By providing them with a voting system which allows them to express their
preferences adequately so that they don't _have_ to lie, if they want their
true preferences to be considered fairly. Most other voting systems simply
can't do that.

This whole discussion tells me that the original proposal (with Manoj's
s/quorum/.../ change, for consistency) should be up to that task.

Why, is that a trick question?  ;-)

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Help save the world!"              -- Larry Wall in README