Just felt like sharing this with you guys.

I first tried X4 with the v9 (IIRC) debs, where SHM was broken.
Someone on the list suggested that disabling SHM in imlib could
help, so I did that.

My other apps who depend on SHM (gqmpeg, mostly) started
working again as soon as I restarted GNOME.

But more than that, the performance of the whole machine
suffered a considerable boost.

Now that I'm running a version where SHM problems are fixed,
I'm feeling quite unsure about re-enabling it in imlib. I don't
know, the machine is just too nice now :-)

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll  ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
            News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
         pgp key: http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo/pessoal/pgp

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)    ---     http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar