Package: xkb-data
Version: 2.35.1-1
Severity: wishlist

Hi,

I've switched to the layout described here:
https://github.com/qwerty-fr/qwerty-fr

and I am very happy of it. Rather than packaging it as an add-on, I
thought it'd be nicer to have xkb-data to support this layout an embbed
the file at:

https://github.com/qwerty-fr/qwerty-fr/blob/master/linux/us_qwerty-fr

Now, let's discuss how to close this bug.

1/ If you think this should be packaged separately, please let me know,
and I will do the work (super easy...).

2/ If you have no time to patch this yourself, I'd appreciate some
directions on how to patch xkb-data, so I can write a MR on Salsa. I can
see that symbols are in the upstream "symbols" dir, but then should I
just add a debian/patches file to add the us_qwerty-fr file? Or is there
a better way?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)