Source: mesa
Version: 24.0.0~rc2-1.1
Severity: normal

Hi,

I'm trying to build mesa 24 from experimental on bookworm. Since rusticl
requires rust-bindgen 0.66 and since building that and the surrounding
rust packages on bookworm is infeasible, I decided to disable rusticl by
excluding my host architecture from RUSTICL_ARCHS in debian/rules.
Unfortunately it seems, that libllvmspirvlib-15-dev which is pulled in
only when rusticl is enabled, is also necessary without rusticl:

    Determining dependency 'LLVMSPIRVLib' with pkg-config executable
'/usr/bin/pkg-config'
    env[PKG_CONFIG_PATH]:█
    env[PKG_CONFIG]: /usr/bin/pkg-config
    -----------
    Called: `/usr/bin/pkg-config --modversion LLVMSPIRVLib` -> 1
    stderr:
    Package LLVMSPIRVLib was not found in the pkg-config search path.
    Perhaps you should add the directory containing `LLVMSPIRVLib.pc'
    Package 'LLVMSPIRVLib', required by 'virtual:world', not found
    -----------
    CMake binary for host machine is cached as not found
    Dependency lookup for LLVMSPIRVLib with method 'cmake' failed: CMake binary
for machine host machine not found.        Giving up.
    Run-time dependency llvmspirvlib found: NO (tried pkgconfig)

    ../meson.build:1844:21: ERROR: Dependency "LLVMSPIRVLib" not found, tried
pkgconfig

Reading meson.build, with_opencl_spirv seems to be set when opencl is not
disabled and thus does not only depend on rusticl. Could you change
debian/control.in such that the dependency on libllvmspirvlib-15-dev is not
only emitted when rusticl is enabled but also otherwise?

Let me also quickly send you two missing minimum version restrictions I found:

    ../meson.build:831:4: ERROR: Problem encountered: rusticl requires meson
1.3.1 or newer

and:

    Message: libdrm 2.4.119 needed because amdgpu has the highest requirement
    Dependency libdrm_amdgpu found: NO found 2.4.114 but need: '>=2.4.119'
    Run-time dependency libdrm_amdgpu found: NO█

    ../meson.build:1674:6: ERROR: Dependency lookup for libdrm_amdgpu with
method 'pkgconfig' failed: Invalid version,     need 'libdrm_amdgpu'
['>=2.4.119'] found '2.4.114'.

Thanks!

cheers, josch