Hello,

since the original poster is a good friend of mine and I know his setup, I'd
like to make some additions:

The above Xorg.log-file was taken when he had 2 displays with the same
resolution connected, but in fact
the problem only appears when using two displays with different resolution:

Setup 1:

Display 1: 1280x1024, Benq, TFT, Connected with VGA
Display 2: 1600x1080, DELL, TFT, COnnected with DVI

Results:

Direct Rendering does *not* work. "glxinfo" shows "Direct Rendering: No". When
starting X, the displays
have, as already mentioned, have the same virtual display size (both using
1600x1080). Thus the 1280-display
having the 1600-resolution, too. When checking the monitors display-menu
though, the 1280-display is running
at it's native 1280x1024. Calling "xrandr --output VGA-0 --auto" from an xterm
immediately fixes that situation
so both displays run with a virtual resolution matching their native
hardware-resolution.

Setup 2:

Display 1: 1280x1024, Benq, TFT, Connected with VGA
Display 2: 1280x1024, Samsung, TFT, Connected with DVI

Results:

Direct Rendering works, "glxinfo" shows "Direct Rendering: Yes". Both displays
have proper virtual resolution.

Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV370 [Radeon X300SE]

Regards,

Adrian