Hi

Sorry, I've been physically away from the notebook since early august till
last weekend.

On Dienstag, 26. August 2008, Brice Goglin wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 08:49:18PM +0200, Stefan Lippers-Hollmann wrote:
> > Yes, it is completely dead, open ssh connections trying to gather last bits
> > from tail -f /var/log/messages stall immediately (unfortunately the
> > notebook has no serial connectors for a serial console), pings get no
> > answer - a hard poweroff is the only recovery.
>
> Pinging again to make sure the bug didn't disappear by chance :)

Unfortunately it hasn't gone away and is still present on today's sid and
kernel 2.6.26.3.

> Otherwise, we need to decide between:
> 1) reverting to 2.1.3-5 which worked fine except bug #481739 (which looks
>    strange to me)

This version did/ does work fine for me.

> 2) reapplying 02_temporary_revert_pciaccess.diff and reverting 5 pciaccess
>    commits (merging all of them in the 02_revert). Not sure how stable this
>    one would be.

I've been running this[1] reliably since I first encountered the problem,
sorry I'm not too familiar with git and X.org's buildsystem generation, so
the quilt series looks a bit messy, but was nevertheless quite helpful for
me to pinpoint the problematic commits.

> Maybe we can start with (2) for now, and switch to (1) as the ultimate
> solution
> if needed before Lenny gets released?

Now I notice Tormod's suggestions and will try them tonight, hopefully I
get around to adding some ErrorF() breakpoints to the source tommorow, like
you suggested.

Regards
        Stefan Lippers-Hollmann

[1]