* Thomas Richter <t...@math.tu-berlin.de> [090308 17:32]:
> The xserver radeon package leaves a completely unusable screen on the
> Hewlett-Packard "BW-PC"s; since
> this is a popular machine ordered in masses by the district of
> Baden-Württemberg in Germany for all
> public institutions, this renders Debian lenny unusable for a large user
> class, including universities
> and student pools.

I guess this is a duplicate of http://bugs.debian.org/508999, because
I reported this for one of the last but one round of BWPCs (back when
they were HP), too.

With the patch in

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=60;filename=radeon-diff;att=1;bug=508999

those work for me. (At least frequencies work. Some other things are
complaining about those Xpress 200 cards, but with disabling enough
acceleration it works).

> Interestingly, the driver reports that a LVDS type of connector is in use,
> though this is a desktop
> (HP dc5750 Microtower), not a laptop, and the monitor is connected via DVI,
> not LVDS.

The experimental version is better in naming this, sadly in my
experience adds some other problems instead, though.

Hochachtungsvoll,
        Bernhard R. Link