On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Mike Ni wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I am just about to take my first crack at perl by
> documenting several perl script files.
>
> The person who wrote the scripts isn't here anymore.
> The scripts files were written for Apache Web server
> running on Linux.
>
> Can anyone give me some advise of how to use the
> debugger? Such as "perl -d".
>
> I tried to launch the debugger on a development
> configuration. Yet, it halted.
>
> I am guessing this was because the perl script files
> are driven by the request coming from the Internet,
> therefore the "STDIN" was redirected.
>
> Can anyone give me some pointers?

You can instruct the CGI module to accept paramters from the command line.
Something like this:

$ perl -d myscript.pl 'param1=value1&param2=value2&param3=value3'

For more information consult "perldoc CGI".

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Home Page:         http://shlomif.il.eu.org/

You are banished! You are banished! You are banished!

Hey? I'm just kidding!