From: swamy sangamesh <swamy.sangam...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 4:59 PM
Subject: perl debugger+taint mode issue in 5.10.0, 5.10.1 5.12.1, no issue
in 5.8.8
To: perl5-port...@perl.org, debugger@perl.org

Hi All,

I got the scenario where perl debugger with taint mode is failing.
I am using below .pm amd .xs file for testing

$ cat *Mytest.pm*
#!/usr/bin/perl -wT
package Mytest;
use XSLoader ();

BEGIN {
    XSLoader::load('Mytest');
}
BEGIN {
    XSLoader::load('Mytest');
    my $var = defined($0)? UNDEFINE : 1;
}

sub func_test {
  glob("check");
  return 1;
}

1;

$ cat *Mytest.xs*
#include "EXTERN.h"
#include "perl.h"
#include "XSUB.h"

#include "ppport.h"
#define UNDEFINE  0

MODULE = Mytest         PACKAGE = Mytest

IV
UNDEFINE()
    ALIAS:
    UNDEFINE = 0
  CODE:
    switch(ix) {
      case 0:  RETVAL = UNDEFINE;  break;
    }
  OUTPUT:
    RETVAL

when i issue perl -dT Mytest.pm getting insecure dependency error.

$ *perl -dT Mytest.pm*

Editor support available.

Enter h or `h h' for help, or `man perldebug' for more help.

*Insecure dependency in eval while running with -T switch at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.10.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/File/Glob.pm line 92*.
Compilation failed in require at Mytest.pm line 34.
 at Mytest.pm line 34
    Mytest::BEGIN() called at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.10.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/File/Glob.pm line 34
    eval {...} called at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.10.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/File/Glob.pm line 34
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Mytest.pm line 34.
 at Mytest.pm line 34
Debugged program terminated.  Use q to quit or R to restart,
  use o inhibit_exit to avoid stopping after program termination,
  h q, h R or h o to get additional info.
  DB<1>

I checked *perl-5.10.0, 5.10.1 and 5.12.1*, issue exists in these release
and seems to be common in all platfrom, as i tested it in aix and linux.
Not seeing any error message in perl-5.8.8. Not sure about 5.9  releases.

Is this a regression which caused this issue? i thought
http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=39733 might have caused this
But testing after backing out the changes  also got same error.
Please let me know your suggestions.
--
Thanks & Regards,
Sangamesh