From: R. Scott Perry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 02 May 2002 18:45
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Help required with AV and encrypted email

>We're running IMail 7.07 and Declude 1.51 beta with F-Prot, today we
>discovered that encrypted email sent using ASPEncrypt and ASPEmail
>through our remote mail server prevents Outlook and Outlook Express
>from decrypting the encrypted email. The error in Outlook 2002 was
>"Can't open this item. Your digital ID name can not be found by the
>underlying security system"

You may need to disable the footers (by removing the FOOTER lines from the
\IMail\Declude\virus.cfg file).  If the E-mail is sent as a single
attachment without a message body, the software receiving it may think that
the footer is supposed to be part of the content of the attachment.

>I have to surmise that the av scan by F-Prot is the possible the cause
>of the problem but as I need to use encryption and av for our clients
>I'm in a bit of a catch 22 situation.

F-Prot shouldn't be at fault -- it won't do anything to alter the original
E-mail.  I'm guessing the footers are getting in the way.

Declude.JunkMail".  You can E-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] for assistance.  You
can visit our web site at http://www.declude.com .
---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by WiSS using Declude Virus]

site at http://www.declude.com .