I does appear that that DNS isn't responding corectly, the other two are -
so thanks for the detective work. Now to find out why...

-----Original Message-----
From: R. Scott Perry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 17 May 2002 14:37
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Reverse DNS

>We're not running win2k DNS, we're using Simply DNS. I am puzzled by
>this as this DNS server is hosting 300-400 domains without any apparent
>problems. If you run a DNS report agaisnt any of the hosted domains it
>responds correctly.

The key is realizing that (like an SMTP server), DNS goes two ways.  The
DNS for those 100's of domains is similar to incoming E-mail:  Anyone can
look up those DNS entries.  However, what you are trying to do (looking up
any DNS entry, even if it isn't a local domain) is like relaying mail
through a server:  In some cases, only certain people are allowed to do it.

Something definitely isn't working correctly, as your DNS server is
claiming that the DNS entries do not exist (if it was acting properly,
Declude would see that no access was allowed to the DNS server, and would
not fail the REVDNS test).  But, that may be a new "security feature" (kind
of like accepting relayed mail, but then deleting it instead of delivering
it).

Declude.JunkMail".  You can E-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] for assistance.  You
can visit our web site at http://www.declude.com .

site at http://www.declude.com .