I find that interesting that the major ISP's fail those kinds of tests.
Anyone have any idea's on why they wouldn't have those addresses setup?

Dl

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Tom Baker |
Netsmith Inc
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 4:27 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: KITHRUP:RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Declude and Sniffer

That is about average, over 50% of our inbound mail fails at least one
test
(more like 70%)...
This is where the weighing system comes into play.
Tests like "no postmaster" and "no abuse" fail every message from
systems
like aol.com, msn.com, earhtlink.net, etc,etc... So they will appear as
SPAM
in your logfiles.

You need to use the weighing system / edit your $default$.junkmail and
your
global.cfg to meet your needs.

There is no cut/dry solution to spam, I have definitely learned
monitoring
this list that everybody has a different solution that fits their setup.

The great thing about declude/sniffer is their flexibility, great
mailing
lists and frequent updates.

(ex: we completely disabled the no postmaster/no abuse tests in our
system,
they are just too inefficient for our setup, but in other setups they
are
very useful )