>I mentioned a few weeks ago that our netblock has been listed on SPEWS
>because our ISP is "Spam Friendly".
>
>Anyway... I was going to setup a Smarthost/SMTP gateway on a different
>network but wanted to know what impact Junkmail might have on that.

Assuming that Declude JunkMail is running on the existing IMail server (and
not the Smarthost), there isn't anything special you would need to do.

If you were adding a gateway for incoming mail, you would need to let
Declude JunkMail know about the gateway (using an IPBYPASS line), as it
would alter the IP address that connects to IMail.  But for outgoing mail,
you don't have to do anything for Declude JunkMail.

>With regard to Rev DNS records and MX Records, do I need to make sure
>they match my 'forwarding' mail system or doesn't that matter.
>IOW, if the email from the 'forwarding' email server is stamped
>@acme.com and the 'forwarder' SMTP server has REVDNS and MX entries from
>@domain.com where there be a problem?

That's not a problem.  Although some mailservers will check your reverse
DNS entry, about 90% will just verify that it exists, with the other 10%
making sure that it is a valid hostname.  But only about 1 in 1,000 will
actually make any attempt to determine whether the reverse DNS entry
matches anything (since it's not possible to do that accurately).