>That's already there -- the configuration files are plain text files, and
>can be accessed with ASP, PHP, proprietary interface, etc.  :)
>
>I'm not sure if the advantages of an API (not having to deal with the text
>files directly) would outweigh the disadvantages (less flexibility).
>                            -Scott

Maybe a simple answer to this problem would be a seperate exe
(decutil.exe(?)) that you could call via the command line (or
perl/php/etc/etc) to edit the config files.  Something that worked along the
lines of:
decutil.exe [mail_account][action][data], or for example
decutil.exe [EMAIL PROTECTED] whitelist [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This would:
- Allow the ambitious coders to still just manipulate the text files
directly.
- not fatten/clutter/affect the declude.exe file
- give a common interface that would not change as often - so that changes
to file structure of the text config files would not require major rewriting
of the web/email/whatever end user app. If major changes happened to
declude.exe, a new version of decutil.exe follows with it.
- allow admins to use any facility they wanted - IIS/PHP/Program
Alias/Perl/Whatever they want.

If we had at least that, I think there are several of us who could quickly
put the rest together.  It takes the most time consuming part of the
coding - manipulating text files, file locking issues, etc. out of the
equation of putting something together.

My $0.03 :-),
- Tony Gray
Intouch Comm.