From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Glenn \ WCNet
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 11:41 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Reference documents needed

I simply cannot keep up with the constant changes in JunkMail.  News tests, variables, and parameters are listed in the Release Notes, but the trick is how to integrate those tests into an existing configuration, where to insert them, how to configure the parameters for new tests, etc.

For example, the Release Notes for 1.67 Beta says
  JM  ADD  Adds "comments" test type to detect anti-filter HTML comments.

Sounds great.  Where and how do I use that test??

  JM ADD  Adds "AUTOWHITELIST ON" option in global.cfg file which will use address books as whitelists . . . "

Wonderful!  A personal whitelist!  Uhh, but address books where?  In the user's WebMail configuration, I assume.  Not all users use WebMail, some use only a client and don't have a WebMail address book at all, and have never even logged in to WebMail.  Does it work in a gateway server situation, where there are no "local" users on the gateway server, mail is scanned as outgoing and passed on to another IMail server for delivery into the user mailboxes?  I assume it doesn't, but the Release Notes don't say.

Scott and company do a fantastic job, but when *they* write the documention and Release Notes, *they* already know how it works.  I know new tests are defined in the updated global.cfg and $default$.junkmail with each new release, but it would be much easier to integrate new tests into an existing configuration if basic test syntax and parameters were included in the Release Notes.

Glenn Z.