From: David Sullivan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 9:22 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Wish list reminder... :-)

Does anyone that doesn't agree with Bill have any suggestions?

We've got an Imail server on a Dell box (2650 2.2 Xeon, RAID 1/5, etc)
doing
about 150,000 messages a day at roughly 45% utilization and climbing.
Looking at all the headaches of managing another box along with
duplicate
purchases of Imail Unl., Declude JM Pro/Virus Pro, Hijack, Sniffer,
Win2k
Server, etc is just not a prospect we want to consider.

I believe that the Sniffer guys have now offered an OEM version of their
product that would allow us to load the rulebase in memory and
drastically
cut down on the content scanning cycles needed.  Any thoughts at better
optimizing Declude products?

Bill's point is very valid.  He wants to get more productivity out of
his
system and knows that he doesn't need to scan all of his interally
generated
messages.

Here's my suggestion:

Bill, what if you setup the new free Imail version on another box
somewhere
that's not doing much, keep it's port 25 closed to the outside and send
all
your internal notices, etc to that domain?

-David