Greetings All,
I'm sure some of you must have known this, but there's
a program in IMail called immsgexp.exe.  I've found this
to be quite useful in deleting unwanted amounts of spam
from the spam folders.  It works all the way down your
directory tree, and can be setup on a cron job to delete
on a daily basis an amount of mail from spam.mbx depending
on the number of days you set.

You say... "How is this useful?"

Do more then one action based on weight and let the
users know about where they can view their spam and how
long it will be available.  Have the cron job run every
day and allow only seven days worth of spam to build up
in the spam.mbx files.  I'm sure if a user is expecting
mail and it hasn't shown up in seven days, they can look here.

ie.
D:\IMail>immsgexp -td:\domains\mydomain.com\users -d7 -mspam.mbx

This will get rid of all mail in the mailbox spam.mbx for all
users in the mydomain.com\users folder.

Just an FYI... so flame away :P
Mike