From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
Matthew Bramble
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 2:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] URL Redirectors

George,

Spammers will use a variety of Yahoo sub-domains, most of which are
valid.  I'm not familiar with that one in particular, but it
might help
to search Google for examples of that showing up (that's how
I do some
of my research).

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&client=googlet&q=%22drs.yaho
o.%2Bcom%22

Blocking that one address though would only be a fraction of the spam
that actually uses Yahoo's redirection though.  Yahoo does use it
themselves of course, and they also have it configured for links in
messages sent by third parties, such as Classmates for instance.

Matt

George Kulman wrote:

Hi all,

I have an IMail client who doesn't have budget funds available for Declude
where these are easily filterable.  A fair amount of their spam contains a
URL redirection such as:

http://drs.yahoo.com/effloresce/*http://click.com-click.com.ph/click.php?id

=

leneyei&ID=40&gi=hallmark

1.	Is anyone aware of a dnsbl that deals with spamming URL redirectors?
2.	Is anyone aware of legitimate email using this type of URL?
3.	Is the drs.yahoo.com ever used for legitimate email.

TIA,

George

--- [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)] --- This E-mail came from the Declude.JunkMail mailing list. To unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and type "unsubscribe Declude.JunkMail". The archives can be found at http://www.mail-archive.com.