John wrote:
>The problem with body filters is the big performance hit the server
>takes in high volumes setups.
>Comments?

Or big filters.  As an experiment I took the Imail domain blacklist
(17000 entries) and turned it into a mongo BODY CONTAINS filter file.
It worked magnificently.  The flow of spam was choked almost to death.

So was the server.  Despite a strong dual-proc box with gobs of memory
and moderate mail flow, I had to shut it off after 24 hours.  The system
was able to handle it until I had a client send out a big mailer of a
few thousand individual mailpieces to their membership.  Declude spawned
a boatload of processes as it scanned all the outgoing mail and gagged
the system.

If there was a way for JMPro to NOT test outgoing mail that would be
great.

 Matt Robertson       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 MSB Designs, Inc.  http://mysecretbase.com